It took me 96 posts to come to this very important tip.
We live in an age of “dressing down”, where children, teens, and young adults seldom dress up. I even went through a phase of “not wearing ties”. This stems from the fact that parents often force kids to dress up, enforcing a negative feeling with a suit or tie. Suits also seem to promote “boringness” and “corporate” style, which teens and young adults avoid.
But suits are fun. For one thing, adults take people who dress professionally more seriously. But let’s not get into the whole thing of social norms and acceptance. The bottom line is that suits look nice.
I’m not bagging on jeans or chinos or tee shirts, but what’s wrong with dressing up once in a while? Suits, if the right one, are comfortable. The pants can be skinny, but they don’t have that denim feel. Button up shirts (if bought right) shouldnt restrict your neck. And ties should never be too tight that you can’t breath.
Do you want to color coordinate ike you do with your snapbacks, sports shirt, and shoes? You can do that. Pick ties and shirts that match with a complimentary pocket square! Match patterns, do what you want.
Suits are always classy and people will notice and take you seriously when you wear a suit. Suits are comfortable. Suits are nice. Make a date fancy by wearing a suit. When you ask her out, wear a suit! Suits are multipurpose, and wearing them gives you this confidence that just can’t be explained.20 notes
Posted on Monday, 3 June
Tagged as: suits suit how to be a gentleman how to be a good boyfriend how to dress well how to dress dress theteenagegentleman how to general advice advice help
- anamariaanaya72 likes this
- hatchi707 reblogged this from theteenagegentleman
- skirtsahara likes this
- forever-was-a-promise-to-you likes this
- 1optimisticguy reblogged this from theteenagegentleman
- dontspeak-justkissme likes this
- alourinho reblogged this from theteenagegentleman
- elegancethroughsimplicity likes this
- saeeeedx likes this
- fide-et-opera reblogged this from theteenagegentleman
- im-a-grenade-gus likes this
- suits-and-cigarettess reblogged this from theteenagegentleman
- the-next-round reblogged this from theteenagegentleman and added:
- tsidies-gniredrum likes this
- parasiticbackpack likes this
- chleetorres reblogged this from theteenagegentleman
- raughingoutroud likes this
- virginiagamecock reblogged this from theteenagegentleman
- theteenagegentleman posted this